Skip to main content

The Farm

On our way back from visiting the missionaries in Mindoro, we spent the night at The Farm at San Benito in Batangas. This place was amazing! We intend to go back before we leave the Philippines.

This resort describes itself as a "center for holistic medicine, spirituality and living foods." This place is nestled way off in the forest. We arrived at night which was a bit scary. They serve only a vegan diet and the food was absolutely delicious. For breakfast, we had tofu scramble, lentil pancakes with coconut syrup, fresh fruit, muesli, fresh juices, almond milk (which Brayden loves), and several other yummy things. You'll see pictures from our lunch later in this post.

This resort also has a spa; we didn't try it so I don't have a review. They have several medical treatments including colonics, live blood analysis, detoxificatin, kidney cleansing, liver cleansing, and more. Again, I didn't partake in these services.

They also have several events during the day. Each day begins with meditation at 7 am which we didn't attend because it was a bit early for us. Dwayne participated in the rotational meridian exercise. We both attended the yoga class. There is a stretching class, tibetan exercise, breathing and walking exercise, and probably more. We were there for a brief time and didn't get to fully experience the resort. Hence the reason we will return. Here are the pictures.






We had a wonderful 5 course lunch. I know it doesn't look like much but we were very full.







We have reservations for next weekend...alone.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Looks good, make sure enjoy your alone time. The food looks good too. I was just sitting here thinking that it looked like the opening scene from Fantasy Island.
Keisha
Anonymous said…
It sounds wonderful, almost like a little taste of heaven. See being a vegan is not so bad after all. There are many delicious foods you can eat. Health is apart of our wealth.

I am so glad you all went out of the country and that you blog because I get to see through you all some of the other wonderful things life has to offer. This world is so big, but yet so small.

Red
Anonymous said…
Okay, everything about this venture looks absolutely wonderful especially the food! Enjoy your "alone" time!
Latanya
Anonymous said…
Please get information about this resort. My mother would love this place since she is vegan. Anyway you guys have fun!!!!

Charissa
CreoleInDC said…
Wow! It looks soooooooooo beautiful! Are you guys gonna try the spa when you return?
Anonymous said…
Just as an aside. A colonic, kidney cleansing, liver cleansing etc are not medical treatments.
But the resort looks beautiful and like a nice health spa.
Lonna
Anonymous said…
Keep up the good work.

Popular posts from this blog

Motherhood

Yesterday, I had something to do so the kids went to their old sitter's house for a few hours. We got home later than intended so I knew I would be rushing to prepare dinner, get them bathed, and settled for the night. Here's what really happened. As soon as we entered the house, Brayden started running around saying "Mommy, I have to pee". So we rush into the bathroom and as soon as his pants are unbuttoned, he starts peeing on himself. I clean him up and decide they can play in the tub while I start preparing dinner. As soon as we get to the kitchen, Danica throws up all over me, herself, and the floor. So, I take her to our bathroom and bathe her. Before I can get her pj's buttoned up, Brayden starts screaming "I have to pee!" Because he just went all over the bathroom floor, I'm a little perplexed. I run to their bathroom anyway only to find out he didn't have to pee, he had to poop and had already dropped two bombs in the bathtub where his s

Baby Making (Or Not)

So, as I've said before, I'm getting my tubes tied this year. I have had so many people tell me they don't agree with this. I've been told that I should let God decide how many children we have or ask him to close my womb. I should wait and see if I want more children in the future. It's too permanent. What if something happens to my children and I decide I want more later. I honestly didn't expect to run in to so much opposition. First of all, it's my body and my decision. Secondly, I am absolutely sure that I don't want more children. And lastly, it really is my decision. The funny thing is that my friend who has 5 children has received a lot of criticism for the size of her family and was told repeatedly that she should've gotten her tubes tied. Now, there are other circumstances in that particular family that would warrant such remarks. But my point is that people are never satisfied. If we continued to have children, I'm sure someone would s

Christmas in September?

Apparently, living in Manila is going to provide plenty of material for me to write about. Here goes: We have been provided several books to help us adapt to life in the Philippines. Something we read was very beneficial for us yesterday. We went to SM which is a department store, furniture store, grocery store, and several restaurants all in one. Danae had to use the bathroom and guess what? There was no toilet tissue. No, they didn't run out. They don't put tissue in the bathrooms at all. No empty tissue holder or anything. Because I read about that, I had a little tissue stowed in my bag to use. In the grocery store, the most overwhelming shock was the stench. The entire back of the store is basically a butcher shop. Surprisingly, there were no flies or anything. But, the smell was gross. Danae held her nose while we looked around in there. I wasn't bold enough to purchase any meat yet. One day, maybe. Or, we'll just become vegetarians while we're here. In the cl