Monday, March 26, 2007
In the car, she decided to have a conversation with herself. Yep, she played two characters in the drama that was unfolding in her own mind. Hopefully, this isn't a precursor to some sort of mental disorder but rather her wonderful creativity unfolding before our very eyes. She even changed her voice for the characters. Her dad and I were rolling. The plot was very silly and not really worth recapping. But, the fact that she actually changed her voice and laughed during the conversations was...well...funny.
While walking to our cars from church on Saturday, we had to pass a few questionable characters. It wasn't a big deal. But, the funny one was a male crackhead with ORANGE hair singing "Victory is Mine". His friend sat behind the dumpster singing along. Then the orange crackhead started talking to my baby saying "you so brutiful" and whatever else. Funny!
Friday, March 16, 2007
- On Sunday, a lady was trying to go to church and her ex-husband (she already had a restraining order against him) shot her execution style as she made her way into the door.
- Angel Raich, an Oakland resident, was denied the right to use medicinal marijuana to treat her pain from an inoperable brain tumor and other illnesses. The funny thing is seeing her on the news smoking weed...only in California.
- There was a drive by shooting on March 5th and the intended targets were little children. A 4 year old girl died and her 4 year old cousin is in critical condition. The police believe it's gang related. A 3 year old boy was also grazed by a bullet. There's a $16,000 reward for details. Is that all those babies lives are worth???
- Sen. Obama will hold a campaign rally in Oakland this Saturday. I would love to see him but...
Thursday, March 15, 2007
I am now somewhat settled in to life in Cali. Here are the things I like so far:
- The weather is really nice and there is no humidity. We've been in the 70's during the day and maybe the 50's at night. No heater or a/c necessary for now. I've been told that the summers get a lot warmer here.
- The scenery is absolutely gorgeous. I see hills right outside my window. We live in the mountains so there are hills and valleys everywhere. I love driving down the street.
- My husband's job is less than 10 minutes away and it's less stressful than his last position which means we see him more and he's in a better mood when he gets home.
- My husband has a few cousins here that we'll get to know better, including a 2 day old baby boy.
What I don't like:
- The cost of living. Gas is about $3.35/gallon. Food is more expensive, housing is more expensive, parking is more expensive. The only thing they don't have around here are toll roads; but if they did, I'm sure it would be more expensive too.
- The white women here are so extremely rude. I almost had to knock one of them down in Target yesterday.
- I'm way too far away from family and friends.
It seems that our stay here will be nice. There are plenty of things to do. San Francisco is about 40 minutes away. LA is only a 5 hour drive south. I'm enjoying being a stay-at-home mom to my two babies. That's another story in itself.
I'm committing myself to blogging a minimum of once a week but my goal is to blog much more than that.
Until the next time...