Skip to main content

Random

I stayed up watching Serena win the US Open last night and claim that $1.5 million check. Danae wants a tennis racket. With those payouts, I just might have to get her one. I'm sure this is a good time to teach her or have someone else do it. If she starts learning at 3, she should be pretty good at 13. Right? Anyway, I love to watch Serena play because she's so strong and competitive.

I didn't leave my house at all yesterday and it was pretty nice. I cooked breakfast, lunch, and dinner, did some schoolwork, and relaxed. Even though I'm home every day, I don't get to relax every day. I'm usually refereeing fights, cleaning, teaching, and slaving away in this house.

I'm so addicted to Big Brother, it's not even funny. I can't wait to see who wins this year but I will be so pissed if it's Jerry.

My baby is almost 2 years old and I can't believe it. Time passes so quickly! We're taking him to Sea World to celebrate. It should be a lot of fun for him since he really likes fish and dolphins and water. He's also getting a basketball goal because he loves basketball. He'll watch a game before The Backyardigans and he loves them.

I am so tired of strangers talking to me when I'm pregnant. With Danae, a lot of people would say "Are you sure it's not twins. You're pretty large." With Brayden, people said "I don't think it's a boy, you're carrying it like a girl." "You sure it's not twins?" This time, when people see me and the kids, they say "Oh, you're having a baby. You're really going to have your hands full." I already have my hands full. I don't need their extra commentary. And, really, what's the point of that comment? Surely, it's not meant to make me feel better. What should I do? Maybe I'll say, "You're right. Do you know where the nearest abortion clinic is?" That will probably shut them up.

Okay, I'm tired of typing now. That's enough randomness anyway.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I know how you feel about the comments people make. This has been a particularly difficult pregnancy for me and the "well meaning" comments people make about how big I am or how many kids we have gets on my last nerves. I wish people would just say congratulations and leave it that. But you hang in there your next bundle of joy will be here before you know it.
Joelle
Anonymous said…
I don't have any suggestions to give you because you already know that I would just look at them crazy like if you say one more word to me it will be your last. But anyway enjoy your relaxation and Sea World. I definitely think you should see if Danae really wants to play tennis, I think that's when Tiger started playing gold and look at him now.
Keisha
Anonymous said…
girl please don't respond to your church folk with the abortion comment...we might have to have an emergency meeting on you. LOL!!!

Girl if Bray is gonna be two, so is Trey right? Time is going waaaay too fast for me!!!

Trinimerican ;)
Anonymous said…
Girl, you are too funny. The abortion comment would be such a surprise to most of them. You know I know how you feel. I don't like it when they give you that ugly look concerning how big you are, especially when it is a woman that has been pregnant before. I also wish people would make positive comments and keep going. I definitely plan on trying to make sure I do that when I see a pregnant woman if I say anything at all.

I do enjoy the benefits of pregnancy. I had a young man to carry by work bag to my office yesterday, which was so considerate. I thought, I wish people were this nice whether I was pregnant or not.

I have 5 more weeks to go if not earlier. Please keep us in your prayers and I will do the same for you all.

Red.
*Tanyetta* said…
I always tell pregnant mamas that they look BEAUTIFUL! I pour on the compliments, smile and usually offer to see if they need help with anything. I never ask the details about anything, I know how it feels to have people all up in your business. There was a mom at Target the other day, she was looking DOWN and OUT, I exchanged glances with her and smiled and said hello. I then told her she looks great. She perked up and said, thank you!

See...it only takes a little bit of your time to make people feel nice.

I'm sorry you've encountered rude people. If we lived near each other, I would offer to watch the kids while you took a nap or something! ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Motherhood

Yesterday, I had something to do so the kids went to their old sitter's house for a few hours. We got home later than intended so I knew I would be rushing to prepare dinner, get them bathed, and settled for the night. Here's what really happened. As soon as we entered the house, Brayden started running around saying "Mommy, I have to pee". So we rush into the bathroom and as soon as his pants are unbuttoned, he starts peeing on himself. I clean him up and decide they can play in the tub while I start preparing dinner. As soon as we get to the kitchen, Danica throws up all over me, herself, and the floor. So, I take her to our bathroom and bathe her. Before I can get her pj's buttoned up, Brayden starts screaming "I have to pee!" Because he just went all over the bathroom floor, I'm a little perplexed. I run to their bathroom anyway only to find out he didn't have to pee, he had to poop and had already dropped two bombs in the bathtub where his s

Baby Making (Or Not)

So, as I've said before, I'm getting my tubes tied this year. I have had so many people tell me they don't agree with this. I've been told that I should let God decide how many children we have or ask him to close my womb. I should wait and see if I want more children in the future. It's too permanent. What if something happens to my children and I decide I want more later. I honestly didn't expect to run in to so much opposition. First of all, it's my body and my decision. Secondly, I am absolutely sure that I don't want more children. And lastly, it really is my decision. The funny thing is that my friend who has 5 children has received a lot of criticism for the size of her family and was told repeatedly that she should've gotten her tubes tied. Now, there are other circumstances in that particular family that would warrant such remarks. But my point is that people are never satisfied. If we continued to have children, I'm sure someone would s

Christmas in September?

Apparently, living in Manila is going to provide plenty of material for me to write about. Here goes: We have been provided several books to help us adapt to life in the Philippines. Something we read was very beneficial for us yesterday. We went to SM which is a department store, furniture store, grocery store, and several restaurants all in one. Danae had to use the bathroom and guess what? There was no toilet tissue. No, they didn't run out. They don't put tissue in the bathrooms at all. No empty tissue holder or anything. Because I read about that, I had a little tissue stowed in my bag to use. In the grocery store, the most overwhelming shock was the stench. The entire back of the store is basically a butcher shop. Surprisingly, there were no flies or anything. But, the smell was gross. Danae held her nose while we looked around in there. I wasn't bold enough to purchase any meat yet. One day, maybe. Or, we'll just become vegetarians while we're here. In the cl