Skip to main content

Boracay Vacation Recap

We're about to go on another exciting vacation and I just realized I never told y'all about the last one.

December 7-10, 2007 - Boracay Island in the Philippines


Since we arrived in the Philippines, we kept hearing that we should go to Boracay because of the beautiful beaches and the nice resorts. So, of course, we decided to try it out. We don't know if we'll ever get back to this side of the world again so we're going to see as much of it as possible.

Boracay is on one of the smallest islands in the Philippines. On the map, it's just a dot you wouldn't even pay attention to. We had a wonderful time there. The water was nice and clear like in the Caribbean. The sand was almost white but it was the softest sand I've ever felt in my life. It was like cake flour after it's been sifted. While there, we chilled a lot.



Laid back on the lounge chairs by the beach.


Played in the sand with the kids. At least I did. Daddy didn't want sand all over him.



Slept.


Ate.


Chilled some more.


Dwayne rode a jet ski while the kids and I floated on a raft in the China Sea. We all rode on glass bottom boat called, and painted like, Finding Nemo. Dwayne and I took turns snorkeling. We tried to convince Danae to get in but she's a bit scary. The boat captain went to find cool things for us to look at. So, the kids touched starfish and crabs and other stuff I don't really remember right now. For some unknown reason, we didn't take our camera on the boat ride so we don't have pictures.

While there we stayed at Friday's Beach Resort which was really nice. Dwayne took one of the following pictures. Can you guess which one? His excuse was that he was trying to take a picture of the Friday's sign but those women were in the way. Yeah, right. We stayed there so he could have easily taken a picture some other time.



They had shows during dinner. Dwayne and Danae got a certificate for learning how to do the Tinikling Dance, which is the national dance here. There are several resorts in Boracay but you don't really see them. Here, they have small resorts that are still five star. You don't see the skyscrapers. So, you get to enjoy the natural beauty of the environment while living in luxury. Perfect! Also, there are very few cars in Boracay. You ride around town on tricycles, which is a cart attached to the side of a motor scooter...you know the little motorcycle type things.



Funny Stories:
  • We spent quite a bit of time shielding our kids from a certain sunbather. A middle-aged lady with very saggy boobies was trying to get an even tan. Not cute!
  • For some reason, the hotel didn't have a tub, only a shower. So, one evening Brayden decided to run out of the shower, poop on the floor, run out of the bathroom, poop on the floor some more, and then run back in, and pee on the floor. I couldn't catch the sucka in time to stop him. Not cute!

Getting there:
We had to fly 45 minutes to Kalibo, ride in a van for an hour (or something like that)to Caticlan, and then take a 10-15 minute boat ride over to Boracay. Getting on the boat was not fun. We had to walk on a plan about a foot wide with no guard rails. I was scared to death. At the end of the vacation, when we rode the boat to Caticlan the tide was low. So, some locals waded out to the boat, hoisted us on their shoulders and arms and carried us to shore. I am not lying! I am only upset that we don't have pictures to prove it. I was too nervous to take pics of anything.

The trip was a lot of fun and very relaxing. Dwayne and I usually take vacations that are action packed so we have to rest when we come back home.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Bridget, your vacation sounds great. That's where I wish I was right now (a note since I am not doing the get to know you survey). It looked so beautiful and peaceful. Your vacations abroad look sooo nice.
Keisha
1969 said…
The vacation sounds heavenly. Your children are absolutely gorgeous!
Anonymous said…
sounds like ya'll had fun. BTW I used to tinikle in elementary school (there are a quite a few filipinos in jville something I didn't realize until I moved to other cities and realized the rest of the US doesn't have 5-10 filipinos in each of their classes). I had forgotten about it until you mentioned it. It's kinda cool if the ppl are really good at it.

Lonna
Anonymous said…
Do you feel like you are living a dream right now? Keep the pictures coming they really make me feel like I am there : )

Crissy
Anonymous said…
Wow!!! Most of this vacation sounds wonderful. Tell Dwayne, he needs to stop it. Do you and I look like fools - taking a picture of the sign. :-) LOL about Brayden and the poops. I know it wasn't funny at the time. Take care.

Red

Popular posts from this blog

Motherhood

Yesterday, I had something to do so the kids went to their old sitter's house for a few hours. We got home later than intended so I knew I would be rushing to prepare dinner, get them bathed, and settled for the night. Here's what really happened. As soon as we entered the house, Brayden started running around saying "Mommy, I have to pee". So we rush into the bathroom and as soon as his pants are unbuttoned, he starts peeing on himself. I clean him up and decide they can play in the tub while I start preparing dinner. As soon as we get to the kitchen, Danica throws up all over me, herself, and the floor. So, I take her to our bathroom and bathe her. Before I can get her pj's buttoned up, Brayden starts screaming "I have to pee!" Because he just went all over the bathroom floor, I'm a little perplexed. I run to their bathroom anyway only to find out he didn't have to pee, he had to poop and had already dropped two bombs in the bathtub where his s

Baby Making (Or Not)

So, as I've said before, I'm getting my tubes tied this year. I have had so many people tell me they don't agree with this. I've been told that I should let God decide how many children we have or ask him to close my womb. I should wait and see if I want more children in the future. It's too permanent. What if something happens to my children and I decide I want more later. I honestly didn't expect to run in to so much opposition. First of all, it's my body and my decision. Secondly, I am absolutely sure that I don't want more children. And lastly, it really is my decision. The funny thing is that my friend who has 5 children has received a lot of criticism for the size of her family and was told repeatedly that she should've gotten her tubes tied. Now, there are other circumstances in that particular family that would warrant such remarks. But my point is that people are never satisfied. If we continued to have children, I'm sure someone would s

Christmas in September?

Apparently, living in Manila is going to provide plenty of material for me to write about. Here goes: We have been provided several books to help us adapt to life in the Philippines. Something we read was very beneficial for us yesterday. We went to SM which is a department store, furniture store, grocery store, and several restaurants all in one. Danae had to use the bathroom and guess what? There was no toilet tissue. No, they didn't run out. They don't put tissue in the bathrooms at all. No empty tissue holder or anything. Because I read about that, I had a little tissue stowed in my bag to use. In the grocery store, the most overwhelming shock was the stench. The entire back of the store is basically a butcher shop. Surprisingly, there were no flies or anything. But, the smell was gross. Danae held her nose while we looked around in there. I wasn't bold enough to purchase any meat yet. One day, maybe. Or, we'll just become vegetarians while we're here. In the cl