Skip to main content

Thanksgiving

I just wanted to say Happy Thanksgiving to those of you who choose to take time from your own lives to read my crazy ramblings.

Instead of turkey, dressing, macaroni and cheese, yams, sweet potato pie, and everything else y'all are eating.....we are eating, excuse me, drinking orange juice with plans to have a little soup this evening. Dwayne and I are transitioning back to eating food again after fasting for 10 days.

We decided to fast to detoxify our bodies and give our digestive systems a break. We also used this time to focus more on our personal relationships with Jesus and to especially pray for a very close relative who is faced with a serious medical issue. We have benefited tremendously from this fast, but most of all, we are waiting to hear from that family member that God has performed a miracle in his behalf. And, if that doesn't happen, we still praise the name of the Lord for all of His goodness towards us.

Anyway, I decided to post the things that I am thankful for today:
  1. God...because he loves me despite all of my shortcomings and failures. Because he thought enough of me (and you) to offer a plan of salvation. Because he protects me, comforts me, provides for me, forgives me, blesses me, and is in the process of perfecting me.
  2. Dwayne...because he loves me and is fulfilling his role as a wonderful husband in my life. He is the most fun person in the world and I love every minute that we spend together.
  3. Danae...because she is so much like me (sometimes I am not thankful for this). She is straight forward, very nurturing, lovable, mean, silly, annoying, and the cutest girl in the world (in my opinion). I love having a daughter. She notices things about people and compliments them. For example, she told the maid that her haircut was cute the other day and Dwayne didn't even notice the lady had gotten a haircut. She's all girl but has no problem getting dirty.
  4. Brayden...because he is a mama's boy. He's very friendly and lovable but definitely a boy. He's dangerous, loves to get dirty, climbs on everything, jumps off stuff. But, he's quick to say "tan chew" (thank you) and "duv you" (love you) which melts your heart. He's also a serious ladies man with his handsome little self (again, in my opinion)!
  5. The rest of our family...because of their unconditional love.
  6. All of my friends...because y'all are the best. I haven't seen some of you in a looonnngg time but you still stop by to read (and sometimes comment). I miss each and every one of you.
Alright, gotta go and I hope you all enjoy your Thanksgiving dinners.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Happy Thanksgiving!!!!
Lonna
Anonymous said…
Happy Thanksgiving girl!!! Love your list of things you are grateful for. Congrats on making it ten days!!! Can't wait to see you guys again.

Ayana :)
Anonymous said…
Happy belated Thanksgiving. I love you too and can't wait till we can spend some quality time together as friends, mothers, wives, etc. Look how far God has brought us. Take care and be safe.
Anonymous said…
I am thankful that I met you guys. Love ya. Since I do not have kids I will agree with you concerning the beauty of your kids : )

Charissa

Popular posts from this blog

Motherhood

Yesterday, I had something to do so the kids went to their old sitter's house for a few hours. We got home later than intended so I knew I would be rushing to prepare dinner, get them bathed, and settled for the night. Here's what really happened. As soon as we entered the house, Brayden started running around saying "Mommy, I have to pee". So we rush into the bathroom and as soon as his pants are unbuttoned, he starts peeing on himself. I clean him up and decide they can play in the tub while I start preparing dinner. As soon as we get to the kitchen, Danica throws up all over me, herself, and the floor. So, I take her to our bathroom and bathe her. Before I can get her pj's buttoned up, Brayden starts screaming "I have to pee!" Because he just went all over the bathroom floor, I'm a little perplexed. I run to their bathroom anyway only to find out he didn't have to pee, he had to poop and had already dropped two bombs in the bathtub where his s

Christmas in September?

Apparently, living in Manila is going to provide plenty of material for me to write about. Here goes: We have been provided several books to help us adapt to life in the Philippines. Something we read was very beneficial for us yesterday. We went to SM which is a department store, furniture store, grocery store, and several restaurants all in one. Danae had to use the bathroom and guess what? There was no toilet tissue. No, they didn't run out. They don't put tissue in the bathrooms at all. No empty tissue holder or anything. Because I read about that, I had a little tissue stowed in my bag to use. In the grocery store, the most overwhelming shock was the stench. The entire back of the store is basically a butcher shop. Surprisingly, there were no flies or anything. But, the smell was gross. Danae held her nose while we looked around in there. I wasn't bold enough to purchase any meat yet. One day, maybe. Or, we'll just become vegetarians while we're here. In the cl

Baby Making (Or Not)

So, as I've said before, I'm getting my tubes tied this year. I have had so many people tell me they don't agree with this. I've been told that I should let God decide how many children we have or ask him to close my womb. I should wait and see if I want more children in the future. It's too permanent. What if something happens to my children and I decide I want more later. I honestly didn't expect to run in to so much opposition. First of all, it's my body and my decision. Secondly, I am absolutely sure that I don't want more children. And lastly, it really is my decision. The funny thing is that my friend who has 5 children has received a lot of criticism for the size of her family and was told repeatedly that she should've gotten her tubes tied. Now, there are other circumstances in that particular family that would warrant such remarks. But my point is that people are never satisfied. If we continued to have children, I'm sure someone would s