Skip to main content

I'm a Bad Mommy

I'm beginning to think I'm not the best mother around. In the past couple of months, we've had some almost tragedies and near misses.

One day, Danae was spending a little too much time in the bathroom. Just as I was entering to check on her, she was running out crying. I asked what's wrong. She said her eyes were burning. What had happened was...she put clear fingernail polish on her eyelids. She was trying to apply makeup like her nanny did earlier that day. I immediately flushed her eyes with water and tragedy was avoided.

A few days later, we were coming back to our apartment from breakfast. We got off the elevator and just as it was about to close, Mr Brayden darted back on. I couldn't stop it in time and the elevator left. The elevators here don't have sensors to stop the doors if you put your hand in. I was frantically trying to press the buttons to open it. I didn't know where to go. We live on the 22nd floor and I had no idea if I should go to the lobby or what. About 30 seconds later, one of the employees came to our floor holding my son. He had gotten off at the 20th floor.

While we were in Pensacola, we went to visit my friend Kim. Her children and Danae were being disobedient and were jumping on her daughter's bed. All of a sudden we heard a loud noise and scream. Danae was crying because she fell off the bed. We checked her out and it didn't seem like anything was broken. She has a problem where her elbow joint sometimes comes out of socket if she plays too rough. Because we were leaving the next day, I thought about taking her to the doctor. My family kept saying we would be at the emergency room all day if we went and would probably miss our flight. During the flight, it seemed to get worse and she could barely move her arm anymore. Once we got to Manila we found out the real problem. So, here's what happened.

Four little monkeys jumping on the bed
One fell down and bumped her head
Mama called the doctor and the doctor said
"No more monkeys jumping on the bed."

Because she fractured her clavicle and now looks like this.


Comments

Anonymous said…
Oh my goodness! Kids will be kids so that doesn't mean your a bad mommy. Nonetheless, I hope Danae feels better and has a speedy recovery. Latanya
Anonymous said…
Girl she looks so cute with her cast on. I hate that she fell. But you know Danae is a trooper.

And I cannot believe you almost lost Brayden. But I know how that feels when I lost Terrence in a store when he was 2. Very scary.

Deidra.
Anonymous said…
Yeah you are. No I am just joking. Kids will be kids. Well if CPS exisits in Manila, I guess you will have to send your kids to their godparents. ;0) I hope you guys will be uneventful for the next couple of days.

Jenise
Anonymous said…
I know none of this was funny at the time but I can just imagine Brayden playing hide and seek on the elevator. He was probably laughing!
Get well soon Danae!!

Charissa
Anonymous said…
the good old figure of 8 harness.
I love the sling though.
Hope she feels better soon.
Lonna
Anonymous said…
Hope Danae gets better soon. She seems alright in the pics. Always smiling for the camera. :)

Kids will be kids, until they're adults. LOL! Many of us have stories that are no reflection on our parents. :)
Anonymous said…
You are a wonderful mom.

Red

Popular posts from this blog

Motherhood

Yesterday, I had something to do so the kids went to their old sitter's house for a few hours. We got home later than intended so I knew I would be rushing to prepare dinner, get them bathed, and settled for the night. Here's what really happened. As soon as we entered the house, Brayden started running around saying "Mommy, I have to pee". So we rush into the bathroom and as soon as his pants are unbuttoned, he starts peeing on himself. I clean him up and decide they can play in the tub while I start preparing dinner. As soon as we get to the kitchen, Danica throws up all over me, herself, and the floor. So, I take her to our bathroom and bathe her. Before I can get her pj's buttoned up, Brayden starts screaming "I have to pee!" Because he just went all over the bathroom floor, I'm a little perplexed. I run to their bathroom anyway only to find out he didn't have to pee, he had to poop and had already dropped two bombs in the bathtub where his s

Baby Making (Or Not)

So, as I've said before, I'm getting my tubes tied this year. I have had so many people tell me they don't agree with this. I've been told that I should let God decide how many children we have or ask him to close my womb. I should wait and see if I want more children in the future. It's too permanent. What if something happens to my children and I decide I want more later. I honestly didn't expect to run in to so much opposition. First of all, it's my body and my decision. Secondly, I am absolutely sure that I don't want more children. And lastly, it really is my decision. The funny thing is that my friend who has 5 children has received a lot of criticism for the size of her family and was told repeatedly that she should've gotten her tubes tied. Now, there are other circumstances in that particular family that would warrant such remarks. But my point is that people are never satisfied. If we continued to have children, I'm sure someone would s

Christmas in September?

Apparently, living in Manila is going to provide plenty of material for me to write about. Here goes: We have been provided several books to help us adapt to life in the Philippines. Something we read was very beneficial for us yesterday. We went to SM which is a department store, furniture store, grocery store, and several restaurants all in one. Danae had to use the bathroom and guess what? There was no toilet tissue. No, they didn't run out. They don't put tissue in the bathrooms at all. No empty tissue holder or anything. Because I read about that, I had a little tissue stowed in my bag to use. In the grocery store, the most overwhelming shock was the stench. The entire back of the store is basically a butcher shop. Surprisingly, there were no flies or anything. But, the smell was gross. Danae held her nose while we looked around in there. I wasn't bold enough to purchase any meat yet. One day, maybe. Or, we'll just become vegetarians while we're here. In the cl