Skip to main content

Camping With My Girl

We had a very nice weekend at HEB Camp. The weather was really nice, much better than when we went previously in February and it was miserably cold. The food was delicious and, most of all, I got to spend a lot of time with my Danae.



Check out these beautiful fall colors.






Danae got to spend a lot of time with friends.









I told you I would have some funny stories.

For those of you who have never been, you have to ride through a very low part of the Frio River to get to the campsite. It's about 4 inches deep. When Danae saw the water, she said "Mommy, do you know we're not in a boat?" I told her yes. Then she reminded me that cars can't swim in the water. The way she said it was funny because I think she was genuinely concerned that I didn't know cars don't belong in water.

We also had another lady and her baby ride down with us. This lady did not bring any snacks, juice, or water for her child. So, I told her she could share some of my food. Inwardly, I was thinking what kind of mother doesn't bring food for her baby on a 4 1/2 hour drive. Anyway, I had fixed Danae her own snack bag. I knew I would be driving and wouldn't have the freedom to go digging around for stuff. So, she had a sandwich, grapes, strawberries, and juice in her bag. When she was eating her strawberries, the other child (2 yr old boy) asked for one. She gave him a strawberry. Then, he asked for another one. Danae said "No, my mommy said these are my snacks." I told her to share another one. Then, she started stuffing her mouth with strawberries so there would be none left to share. The baby asks for more and she refuses. Then, the other mother asked her to share. Danae said "Why didn't you bring snacks for your baby? Aren't you his mommy? My mommy brought snacks." I was rolling...on the inside. But, seriously, she was absolutely right. I told the lady again she was welcome to the snacks in my bag. I didn't have any strawberries though. She started complaining about the snacks I BROUGHT IN MY OWN BAG. I told her she could close the bag and eat nothing. Then, when we stopped for gas, there was a Subway inside. She said she forgot to cash her check and asked me to buy her a sandwich. I told her that I had bread, peanut butter, and jelly in the car but I was not spending any money to buy her a sandwich. She left it alone. The nerve!

I really enjoyed spending the weekend with Danae. It's been a long time since I've been alone with her and no Brayden. She is so easy going and sweet. She told me I was her favorite mommy because I took her camping. She was really obedient. I think we bonded a little more over the weekend and I look forward to more mommy/daughter outings together.

Comments

TERA said…
Sweet story about Danae but the other mommy chick seriously bumped her head. How you gone complain about MY snacks. She knew she should have had some snacks in her own bag. And who goes on a trip with no money? She definitely rode with the right person!
Anonymous said…
OH MY GOODNESS!!! I need you (the other mom) to remember you have a kid and bring some snacks, and money.

So glad you had mommy/daughter time. Your pic together is really cute. And I'm glad Danae is smart enough to know that cars drive on ground and don't float in the water. You have taught her well. :)

Trinimerican
Anonymous said…
ur baby is too smart for her own good. too cute. as always your stories keep me laughing.
Lonna
Anonymous said…
TTTOOOOOOOO FFFFUUUNNNNNNNNYYYY!!! Keep them coming. I am glad you all had a wonderful time.

Red
Anonymous said…
I just read this blog and rolling on the floor laughing. Shaina said that's Dwayne's baby. I hate I missed this trip.

Sheila

Popular posts from this blog

Motherhood

Yesterday, I had something to do so the kids went to their old sitter's house for a few hours. We got home later than intended so I knew I would be rushing to prepare dinner, get them bathed, and settled for the night. Here's what really happened. As soon as we entered the house, Brayden started running around saying "Mommy, I have to pee". So we rush into the bathroom and as soon as his pants are unbuttoned, he starts peeing on himself. I clean him up and decide they can play in the tub while I start preparing dinner. As soon as we get to the kitchen, Danica throws up all over me, herself, and the floor. So, I take her to our bathroom and bathe her. Before I can get her pj's buttoned up, Brayden starts screaming "I have to pee!" Because he just went all over the bathroom floor, I'm a little perplexed. I run to their bathroom anyway only to find out he didn't have to pee, he had to poop and had already dropped two bombs in the bathtub where his s

Baby Making (Or Not)

So, as I've said before, I'm getting my tubes tied this year. I have had so many people tell me they don't agree with this. I've been told that I should let God decide how many children we have or ask him to close my womb. I should wait and see if I want more children in the future. It's too permanent. What if something happens to my children and I decide I want more later. I honestly didn't expect to run in to so much opposition. First of all, it's my body and my decision. Secondly, I am absolutely sure that I don't want more children. And lastly, it really is my decision. The funny thing is that my friend who has 5 children has received a lot of criticism for the size of her family and was told repeatedly that she should've gotten her tubes tied. Now, there are other circumstances in that particular family that would warrant such remarks. But my point is that people are never satisfied. If we continued to have children, I'm sure someone would s

Christmas in September?

Apparently, living in Manila is going to provide plenty of material for me to write about. Here goes: We have been provided several books to help us adapt to life in the Philippines. Something we read was very beneficial for us yesterday. We went to SM which is a department store, furniture store, grocery store, and several restaurants all in one. Danae had to use the bathroom and guess what? There was no toilet tissue. No, they didn't run out. They don't put tissue in the bathrooms at all. No empty tissue holder or anything. Because I read about that, I had a little tissue stowed in my bag to use. In the grocery store, the most overwhelming shock was the stench. The entire back of the store is basically a butcher shop. Surprisingly, there were no flies or anything. But, the smell was gross. Danae held her nose while we looked around in there. I wasn't bold enough to purchase any meat yet. One day, maybe. Or, we'll just become vegetarians while we're here. In the cl