Skip to main content

Kid Talk

First of all, the whining has stopped!!!

One of the most amusing things is having a conversation with the little ones or listening to them talk to each other. They say some crazy stuff. Every night before bed, we have family worship. The kids look forward to it and won't let us forget it even when we're dog tired. So, even though it's just been the three of us this week, daddy is still very much a part of worship because the kids pray for him every night...especially Brayden.

Brayden's prayer has been going something like this: "Dear Jesus. Thank you for keeping me safe. Help me to be obedient. Please help daddy to visit the queen (he's in London) and to get back on the airplane. Amen." Why is this boy so worried about his dad visiting the queen? I think it's hilarious that he wants that to happen.

When Danae is upset it always shows up in her prayers. She'll say "Please help mommy and daddy to stop being so bad to me." Or, please help mommy to say yes when I ask her for some cookies." I usually laugh about it but I told her she can tell God anything she wants to and she usually takes me up on that offer.

On another note, the kids are very excited about their sister. They put their mouths close to my stomach and talk to her every day. They also kiss my stomach. Danae prayed for a sister so she is so happy because God answered her prayer. She has made so many plans for the baby (she calls her Delicious). She says she's going to buy her a bib and a dress. She's going to help feed her and change her diaper. She's going to pick her up when she cries. She's going to let her sleep in her bed whenever she wants to. We have to talk about this every day. It's really nice to see her so excited about this new baby girl.

By the way, if anyone has any name suggestions, let me know. It needs to start with a D and not sound like a stripper name (i.e. Diamond or Delicious). Thanks.

Comments

bklynq said…
I was just going to ask if "Delicious" was the name I needed to get monogrammed on the blanket. Let's see some D names: Davon.
*Tanyetta* said…
that is soooooo sweet.

love their prayers and their excitement over their baby sister!

wait, did you say diamond or delicious???? LOL

i am done with you!!!

p.s. what about Delana?
TERA said…
Love the prayer stories! Names:
Daniella (means God is my Judge); Dara (means compassionate); Daria (Upholder of the good).
Anonymous said…
Too cute. What about Deborah.

Red
Anonymous said…
What about Dion?

Jenise
Anonymous said…
No stripper names? Ah man. I will have to think about that.

Loving the prayer about the queen. Who else is he going to see in London but the queen right? LOL.

I'll be back with name suggestions......

Popular posts from this blog

Motherhood

Yesterday, I had something to do so the kids went to their old sitter's house for a few hours. We got home later than intended so I knew I would be rushing to prepare dinner, get them bathed, and settled for the night. Here's what really happened. As soon as we entered the house, Brayden started running around saying "Mommy, I have to pee". So we rush into the bathroom and as soon as his pants are unbuttoned, he starts peeing on himself. I clean him up and decide they can play in the tub while I start preparing dinner. As soon as we get to the kitchen, Danica throws up all over me, herself, and the floor. So, I take her to our bathroom and bathe her. Before I can get her pj's buttoned up, Brayden starts screaming "I have to pee!" Because he just went all over the bathroom floor, I'm a little perplexed. I run to their bathroom anyway only to find out he didn't have to pee, he had to poop and had already dropped two bombs in the bathtub where his s

Baby Making (Or Not)

So, as I've said before, I'm getting my tubes tied this year. I have had so many people tell me they don't agree with this. I've been told that I should let God decide how many children we have or ask him to close my womb. I should wait and see if I want more children in the future. It's too permanent. What if something happens to my children and I decide I want more later. I honestly didn't expect to run in to so much opposition. First of all, it's my body and my decision. Secondly, I am absolutely sure that I don't want more children. And lastly, it really is my decision. The funny thing is that my friend who has 5 children has received a lot of criticism for the size of her family and was told repeatedly that she should've gotten her tubes tied. Now, there are other circumstances in that particular family that would warrant such remarks. But my point is that people are never satisfied. If we continued to have children, I'm sure someone would s

Christmas in September?

Apparently, living in Manila is going to provide plenty of material for me to write about. Here goes: We have been provided several books to help us adapt to life in the Philippines. Something we read was very beneficial for us yesterday. We went to SM which is a department store, furniture store, grocery store, and several restaurants all in one. Danae had to use the bathroom and guess what? There was no toilet tissue. No, they didn't run out. They don't put tissue in the bathrooms at all. No empty tissue holder or anything. Because I read about that, I had a little tissue stowed in my bag to use. In the grocery store, the most overwhelming shock was the stench. The entire back of the store is basically a butcher shop. Surprisingly, there were no flies or anything. But, the smell was gross. Danae held her nose while we looked around in there. I wasn't bold enough to purchase any meat yet. One day, maybe. Or, we'll just become vegetarians while we're here. In the cl