Skip to main content

The 3rd Child

In case you didn't know, I am absolutely thrilled that my third child is another girl. Danae and I prayed for a girl and God granted our request. I wouldn't have been disappointed if the baby was a boy but I am happy with the outcome. I don't really know why though. While we were getting the ultrasound, Dwayne and the tech both laughed at me. Why? Because I was just as excited as if it were my first baby. I oohed when she waved her little hand and smiled the entire way through. The tech said most moms aren't as excited after the first baby. But for me, it's as if she's my first. Although I have been a mom for a few years now, I've never been HER mom. Even though I have experience with a daughter, this is a different child who will have a different personality. I can't wait to meet her. I love children in general and have a deeper love for my own babies. Now, I look forward to seeing her and holding her and smelling her. I love that newborn baby smell. I look forward to the sleepless nights and horribly sore boobs. I look forward to getting to know her likes and dislikes, to teaching and loving her, to introducing her to this world, and to prepare her for heaven. In short, I can't wait.

If only I didn't have to go through the delivery part. A lot of moms say you don't remember the pain of childbirth. And, that's true to some extent. I can't really remember what it felt like but I do remember it hurt although obviously not enough for me to get an epidural. I also remember that it was a very different feeling each child and I only hope this is a little easier for me. I'm sure it'll be quicker. Danae was born 4 1/2 hours after we got to the hospital, Brayden came in 2 hours. My doctor told me this time I should head to the hospital after my first contraction to avoid a delivery on the freeway. The good thing about this type of pain is that the prize at the end is the best thing you can ever hope for.

Comments

bklynq said…
Some of the things you said have me just a little frightened, but ultimately I am soooo excited to be a mother for the first time. All of the planning is fun and I can't wait to see what she looks like and her personality like you said.
TERA said…
I remember my ultrasound and I had all the same feelings. I was super excited and had the same tears of joy that I had when I was pregnant with my first. There is no child like your own and there is nothing like being a mother. This journey for me has been the best ever!
Latanya
Anonymous said…
I AM JUST AS EXCITED AS YOU ARE ABOUT YOUR KIDS. ONE DAY I WILL BE ABLE TO SHARE MY EPERIENCE WITH YOU ALL.

JENISE
Anonymous said…
That was a great post! It's great that you view each child as special and unique. Can't wait to meet her either!

Trinimerican
Anonymous said…
Motherhood is definitely one of the best experiences in my life. I am so glad for the two children we have, which one of them came 2 weeks ago.

My heart goes out to those mothers who endure the 9 months, labor and delivery and end up with a still birth or the baby dies shortly thereafter. We are truly blessed to have healthy children and to be alive to enjoy them.

Red

Popular posts from this blog

Motherhood

Yesterday, I had something to do so the kids went to their old sitter's house for a few hours. We got home later than intended so I knew I would be rushing to prepare dinner, get them bathed, and settled for the night. Here's what really happened. As soon as we entered the house, Brayden started running around saying "Mommy, I have to pee". So we rush into the bathroom and as soon as his pants are unbuttoned, he starts peeing on himself. I clean him up and decide they can play in the tub while I start preparing dinner. As soon as we get to the kitchen, Danica throws up all over me, herself, and the floor. So, I take her to our bathroom and bathe her. Before I can get her pj's buttoned up, Brayden starts screaming "I have to pee!" Because he just went all over the bathroom floor, I'm a little perplexed. I run to their bathroom anyway only to find out he didn't have to pee, he had to poop and had already dropped two bombs in the bathtub where his s

Baby Making (Or Not)

So, as I've said before, I'm getting my tubes tied this year. I have had so many people tell me they don't agree with this. I've been told that I should let God decide how many children we have or ask him to close my womb. I should wait and see if I want more children in the future. It's too permanent. What if something happens to my children and I decide I want more later. I honestly didn't expect to run in to so much opposition. First of all, it's my body and my decision. Secondly, I am absolutely sure that I don't want more children. And lastly, it really is my decision. The funny thing is that my friend who has 5 children has received a lot of criticism for the size of her family and was told repeatedly that she should've gotten her tubes tied. Now, there are other circumstances in that particular family that would warrant such remarks. But my point is that people are never satisfied. If we continued to have children, I'm sure someone would s

Christmas in September?

Apparently, living in Manila is going to provide plenty of material for me to write about. Here goes: We have been provided several books to help us adapt to life in the Philippines. Something we read was very beneficial for us yesterday. We went to SM which is a department store, furniture store, grocery store, and several restaurants all in one. Danae had to use the bathroom and guess what? There was no toilet tissue. No, they didn't run out. They don't put tissue in the bathrooms at all. No empty tissue holder or anything. Because I read about that, I had a little tissue stowed in my bag to use. In the grocery store, the most overwhelming shock was the stench. The entire back of the store is basically a butcher shop. Surprisingly, there were no flies or anything. But, the smell was gross. Danae held her nose while we looked around in there. I wasn't bold enough to purchase any meat yet. One day, maybe. Or, we'll just become vegetarians while we're here. In the cl