Skip to main content

Going Crazy!

I have been very hormonal this week. Yesterday, I was seriously pissed off with Dwayne about something really inconsequential. I recognize it as being a hormonally induced rage. The night before I got mad with him about something else. I can't explain it but things that normally wouldn't even caused a raised eyebrow are driving me nuts. Dwayne thinks I'm losing my mind. Yesterday, he told me he loves me about 20 times. I think he's scared I might snap and go postal or something. I'm blaming the baby girl! And, the fact that this week is particularly stressful for me because of school and my habit of procrastination.

In my other pregnancies, I don't remember snapping about stuff. With Danae, there was a Donnie McClurkin song that would have me in tears every day. I can't remember which song it was but I had to listen to it every single day and would then be an emotional wreck. This was during my drive to and from work every day. With Brayden, I was too tired to be emotionally charged. This time, it's on.

Danae asked me if I was crazy or something. I asked her if I looked crazy. She said yes. I forgot that I can't ask her questions if I don't want her honest answer. She also told me the baby must be getting very big because my stomach won't stop growing. Isn't she the most comforting child ever?

Comments

Anonymous said…
Danae is the most hilarious little girl I have ever met. You MUST have been the same way as a child. You're pretty hilarious right now. LOL!!!

Trinimerican
bklynq said…
I can understand the hormonal thing this week too, my coworkers yesterday anything they said or did was driving me nuts. I had to email Marcus so I would not go OFF. I'm not asking Danae any questions cause I don't want her honest opinion.
TERA said…
Girl, Danae would put me in a state of depression if she saw me when I was pregnant because I was huge! No advice on the hormone thing I had it bad too! Paul was completely over it and just stayed out of my way.
Anonymous said…
Your hormones are real. Of course you need to pray about it and make sure you have some time for you. Have you googled it? Of course, Dwayne is going to have to help you deal with these changes as delicately as he can.

Danae is definitely funny. Children say the funniest things. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Red

Popular posts from this blog

Motherhood

Yesterday, I had something to do so the kids went to their old sitter's house for a few hours. We got home later than intended so I knew I would be rushing to prepare dinner, get them bathed, and settled for the night. Here's what really happened. As soon as we entered the house, Brayden started running around saying "Mommy, I have to pee". So we rush into the bathroom and as soon as his pants are unbuttoned, he starts peeing on himself. I clean him up and decide they can play in the tub while I start preparing dinner. As soon as we get to the kitchen, Danica throws up all over me, herself, and the floor. So, I take her to our bathroom and bathe her. Before I can get her pj's buttoned up, Brayden starts screaming "I have to pee!" Because he just went all over the bathroom floor, I'm a little perplexed. I run to their bathroom anyway only to find out he didn't have to pee, he had to poop and had already dropped two bombs in the bathtub where his s

Christmas in September?

Apparently, living in Manila is going to provide plenty of material for me to write about. Here goes: We have been provided several books to help us adapt to life in the Philippines. Something we read was very beneficial for us yesterday. We went to SM which is a department store, furniture store, grocery store, and several restaurants all in one. Danae had to use the bathroom and guess what? There was no toilet tissue. No, they didn't run out. They don't put tissue in the bathrooms at all. No empty tissue holder or anything. Because I read about that, I had a little tissue stowed in my bag to use. In the grocery store, the most overwhelming shock was the stench. The entire back of the store is basically a butcher shop. Surprisingly, there were no flies or anything. But, the smell was gross. Danae held her nose while we looked around in there. I wasn't bold enough to purchase any meat yet. One day, maybe. Or, we'll just become vegetarians while we're here. In the cl

Baby Making (Or Not)

So, as I've said before, I'm getting my tubes tied this year. I have had so many people tell me they don't agree with this. I've been told that I should let God decide how many children we have or ask him to close my womb. I should wait and see if I want more children in the future. It's too permanent. What if something happens to my children and I decide I want more later. I honestly didn't expect to run in to so much opposition. First of all, it's my body and my decision. Secondly, I am absolutely sure that I don't want more children. And lastly, it really is my decision. The funny thing is that my friend who has 5 children has received a lot of criticism for the size of her family and was told repeatedly that she should've gotten her tubes tied. Now, there are other circumstances in that particular family that would warrant such remarks. But my point is that people are never satisfied. If we continued to have children, I'm sure someone would s