Skip to main content

Danae's Birthday Recap


So, our efforts of downplaying Danae's birthday really went out the window. This just means that we'll have to really go all out for poor Brayden. When I asked her what she wanted to do for her birthday, she said she wanted a manicure/pedicure and to get her hair done. Crazy, I know. Anyway, this is what she did.

Her godmother took her to get a mani/pedi last Monday. I wish I could upload the picture from my phone but this is a picture of her actual hands and feet. They won't look very different because she only has clear polish on her hands and cotton candy on her feet (but it looks clear).

(her little fat toes are so cute to me)



On Wednesday (her actual birthday), we went to the Rainforest Cafe for dinner. It was the best night because it happened to also be their kids night. So, they had a clown and people dressed up like animals and she thought it was all for her.


(Brayden helped her eat her birthday dessert)

(Why is Dwayne cheesing so hard?)

On Friday, she went to the salon to get her hair styled by Miss Brandye. When we first walked in, she was a little scared. But, she was very pleased with the end result even though she played in it so much that it didn't stay cute for very long.

(Um, she wasn't too happy about this part)

(But here, she clearly thought she was cute)

On Saturday we invited people over for lunch at our house. This was also her request. She was so excited that so many people came over.



She got some nice gifts although I'm very close to hiding that minivan (thanks Keisha) because I'm so tired of hearing her play the little radio. Her dad bought her some roller blades and she's not too bad with them either. Of course, she received other gifts as well. She told me she had a very good birthday and really that's all that matters.

I still can't believe my baby girl is 4.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oh she looks like she had such a good time!!!! I like to see people make a big deal out of birthdays b/c they are a big deal. Each day of life is a gift and each year passing marks that so I hope that Danae enjoys her birthdays and what they represent not just as a child but throughout her entire life. Too often women hide the addition of extra years to their life b/c they feel they have become old but even if you have not accomplished what you want to by a particular time a birhtday is still great reason for celebration
Lonna
Anonymous said…
Aaahhh Danae!!! Looks like fun was had by all. Very cute cupcake cake too.

Brandye
bklynq said…
You are soooo welcome Bridgette. To tell you the truth I didn't know it made noise. I am glad she enjoyed her birthday.
Anonymous said…
I am glad you all had fun, especially Danae. Birthdays are important in my eyes. It is your personal holiday and you should enjoy it to its fullest because God made it just for that individual.

Red
TERA said…
Excellent job parents! And her hair was fabulous! She is such a beautiful little girl.
Anonymous said…
Her hair is too cute!!! So glad she had a good time. This came at the perfect time for all the adults that were there. ;)

Trinimerican

Popular posts from this blog

Motherhood

Yesterday, I had something to do so the kids went to their old sitter's house for a few hours. We got home later than intended so I knew I would be rushing to prepare dinner, get them bathed, and settled for the night. Here's what really happened. As soon as we entered the house, Brayden started running around saying "Mommy, I have to pee". So we rush into the bathroom and as soon as his pants are unbuttoned, he starts peeing on himself. I clean him up and decide they can play in the tub while I start preparing dinner. As soon as we get to the kitchen, Danica throws up all over me, herself, and the floor. So, I take her to our bathroom and bathe her. Before I can get her pj's buttoned up, Brayden starts screaming "I have to pee!" Because he just went all over the bathroom floor, I'm a little perplexed. I run to their bathroom anyway only to find out he didn't have to pee, he had to poop and had already dropped two bombs in the bathtub where his s

Baby Making (Or Not)

So, as I've said before, I'm getting my tubes tied this year. I have had so many people tell me they don't agree with this. I've been told that I should let God decide how many children we have or ask him to close my womb. I should wait and see if I want more children in the future. It's too permanent. What if something happens to my children and I decide I want more later. I honestly didn't expect to run in to so much opposition. First of all, it's my body and my decision. Secondly, I am absolutely sure that I don't want more children. And lastly, it really is my decision. The funny thing is that my friend who has 5 children has received a lot of criticism for the size of her family and was told repeatedly that she should've gotten her tubes tied. Now, there are other circumstances in that particular family that would warrant such remarks. But my point is that people are never satisfied. If we continued to have children, I'm sure someone would s

Christmas in September?

Apparently, living in Manila is going to provide plenty of material for me to write about. Here goes: We have been provided several books to help us adapt to life in the Philippines. Something we read was very beneficial for us yesterday. We went to SM which is a department store, furniture store, grocery store, and several restaurants all in one. Danae had to use the bathroom and guess what? There was no toilet tissue. No, they didn't run out. They don't put tissue in the bathrooms at all. No empty tissue holder or anything. Because I read about that, I had a little tissue stowed in my bag to use. In the grocery store, the most overwhelming shock was the stench. The entire back of the store is basically a butcher shop. Surprisingly, there were no flies or anything. But, the smell was gross. Danae held her nose while we looked around in there. I wasn't bold enough to purchase any meat yet. One day, maybe. Or, we'll just become vegetarians while we're here. In the cl