Skip to main content

One of those annoying emails.

I have gotten this in email form from a few folks. So, I decided to answer it on my blog so anyone can read it if they choose. And, I don't have to forward it to other folks who aren't interested either. Anyway, here goes.

1.What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
Lay a wood floor. Visit Hong Kong. Ride a horse on a volcano. Many things, actually.

2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't make resolutions.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
I always know people who are giving birth because everyone and their mama keeps having kids. My friends LATANYA/TERA, Ruth, Keisha, Brenda, and Shirley gave birth this year. I think that's it.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
My cousin and I still haven't dealt with my grief. I just try to push it into the corners of my mind.

5. What countries did you visit?
I visited the Philippines and Hong Kong.

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
More patience with my children and a healthy baby girl.

7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
The day I found out my cousin died because it was the first time I ever felt the wind knocked out of me. The day Obama won the election because I just really didn't think it would happen.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I can't think of anything in particular.

9. What was your biggest failure?
I can't think of anything in particular.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I thought I was ill from food poisoning but it turned out I was just pregnant.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
I can't think of anything in particular.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My husband because he gets better and better each year.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
My cousin's widow...I was only appalled not depressed.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Likely to stuff for the kids and that car in the garage.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Obama winning the presidency

16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
I don't know.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
- i. happier or sadder? happier
- ii. thinner or fatter? pregnant-er
- iii. richer or poorer? About the same I guess

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Go on dates with my husband without the kids

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Crying...see #4

20. Did you fall in love in 2008?
Yep, with Dwayne and Jesus.

21. How many one-night stands?
No one night stands but apparently one night was a little more life-changing than the others because it resulted in another pregnancy.

22. What was your favorite TV program?
I don't know but I did get back into ER.

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I don't hate anyone.

24. What was the best book you read?
I can't remember if I read this in 2008 but The Kite Runner was really good.

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
That I really don't have to listen to music very much because I treasure silence.

26. What did you want and get?
I wanted health and happiness and love and got it all.

27. What did you want and not get?
More silence and solitude but, uh, I have little people around all the time.

28. What were your favorite films of this year?
The only movie I actually stayed awake through was The Dark Knight. I'm not much of a movie watcher, I fall asleep.

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 31 and spent it eating lunch with my family and friends.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Finding out I inherited a huge sum of money.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Seeing how I ended the year with a very limited amount of clothing I can actually fit I'm going to refrain from answering this question.

32. What kept you sane?
God

33. What public figure did you fancy the most?
Barack Obama.

34. What political issue stirred you the most?
I'm not easily stirred but probably the war.

35. Whom did you miss?
My cousin, like crazy. Even though he was in Kuwait at the time of his death, we kept in regular touch mostly through emails. I miss his crazy self but can't bring myself to delete his name from my contacts list.

36. Who was the best new person(s) you met?
Did I meet anyone new this year? I can't remember which means they weren't too intriguing. Except for the babies, of course.

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008:
God's will is always superior to our own, even when we don't like it.

Comments

TERA said…
What about me? I had Preston. We are breaking up!

Popular posts from this blog

Motherhood

Yesterday, I had something to do so the kids went to their old sitter's house for a few hours. We got home later than intended so I knew I would be rushing to prepare dinner, get them bathed, and settled for the night. Here's what really happened. As soon as we entered the house, Brayden started running around saying "Mommy, I have to pee". So we rush into the bathroom and as soon as his pants are unbuttoned, he starts peeing on himself. I clean him up and decide they can play in the tub while I start preparing dinner. As soon as we get to the kitchen, Danica throws up all over me, herself, and the floor. So, I take her to our bathroom and bathe her. Before I can get her pj's buttoned up, Brayden starts screaming "I have to pee!" Because he just went all over the bathroom floor, I'm a little perplexed. I run to their bathroom anyway only to find out he didn't have to pee, he had to poop and had already dropped two bombs in the bathtub where his s

Baby Making (Or Not)

So, as I've said before, I'm getting my tubes tied this year. I have had so many people tell me they don't agree with this. I've been told that I should let God decide how many children we have or ask him to close my womb. I should wait and see if I want more children in the future. It's too permanent. What if something happens to my children and I decide I want more later. I honestly didn't expect to run in to so much opposition. First of all, it's my body and my decision. Secondly, I am absolutely sure that I don't want more children. And lastly, it really is my decision. The funny thing is that my friend who has 5 children has received a lot of criticism for the size of her family and was told repeatedly that she should've gotten her tubes tied. Now, there are other circumstances in that particular family that would warrant such remarks. But my point is that people are never satisfied. If we continued to have children, I'm sure someone would s

Christmas in September?

Apparently, living in Manila is going to provide plenty of material for me to write about. Here goes: We have been provided several books to help us adapt to life in the Philippines. Something we read was very beneficial for us yesterday. We went to SM which is a department store, furniture store, grocery store, and several restaurants all in one. Danae had to use the bathroom and guess what? There was no toilet tissue. No, they didn't run out. They don't put tissue in the bathrooms at all. No empty tissue holder or anything. Because I read about that, I had a little tissue stowed in my bag to use. In the grocery store, the most overwhelming shock was the stench. The entire back of the store is basically a butcher shop. Surprisingly, there were no flies or anything. But, the smell was gross. Danae held her nose while we looked around in there. I wasn't bold enough to purchase any meat yet. One day, maybe. Or, we'll just become vegetarians while we're here. In the cl